So I'm on a very crafty, creative kick lately. Not only have I been knitting up a storm (see my recent Ravelry projects here), but I purchased my first sewing machine and am scouting fabrics online. I have this dream of a crisp, ordered New England farm house filled with handmade shetland lace, classic quilts, and a warm breeze worth of Eastern flare through everything. We'll see how it works in the apartment's living room and then I'll scale it up in our house...when we buy one.
So as this is a craft post, I should mention my projects.
- Sam's Gift for our Jan Challenge on Fiber Pen Pals: about 65% done. Hoping to finish for a Saturday send-off. Love the pattern and yarn. She's lucky I'm not keeping it :)
- Mike's Brioche Knit Hat: yeah not going so well. Acrylic yarn is so hard to handle when it gets tight. And DPN knitting is still getting the best of me.
- Living Room Curtains: ordering swatches; waiting on machine to get into Saftler's.
In The Wings
- 1. & 2. Aunt Teri and Jen's presents
- 3. Secret project!!!
- 4. Dara's arm warmers
- 5. My shawl/scarf/cowl? I just have 350 yds of cashmere to use...